Tapebomb

A project to track the random dissemination of mixtapes.
Details here: instructions

Monday, July 11, 2005

tapebomb 002 - Drop 1, 2 & 3

Drop point 1: Sheetz. Corner of Rt. 60 and Campbell's Run Road, Robinson, PA.
Drop point 2: Mouth of Skippy the Panther at the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA.
Drop point 3: Feet of Steven Foster memorial, Pittsburgh, PA.
Pretty undramatic. Gave the first tape to some kids smoking outside the Sheetz. Just said, "Any of you want a tape?" handed it off and said, "Have fun." Then drove off to do my show.
After the show went to 7-11 for a Slurpee (celebrate 7-11 day!). Ended up driving behind a cop all the way up to the 7-11 and then followed him in. I was all nervous and had trouble getting the lid on the cup (I'm not good around authority). He probably thought I was high... or stupid. I'd put my money on stupid. After he left I walked to Skippy and put the tape in his mouth again. Then I walked over to the weird Steven Foster statue and set the tape among all the musical instruments carved there. No drama, nothing to warrant all the nervousness I always feel doing this. I'll swing by later today to buy a comic book and see if the tapes are still there and also drop the last tape at the DDR machine at the mall.
I should note one weird thing. I print the covers off at Kinko's. I make the original at home and then copy it at the store. Because I've got $8 on one of their stupid cards that I'll never use up. Automation sucks! Anyway, I started copying the covers and the first copy comes out on yellow paper. The copier was full of yellow paper. I figure fine, it'll make that one cover look neat and I move over to the next machine. I cut up the yellow cover and set it next to the original so I can print two to a page. This one comes out green! So now I've got 1 yellow cover, 2 green covers and the master copy. I switch to a different tray on the copier and that one prints on white paper. But that wasn't the default tray. I had to do that special. Kinko's set the default paper to yellow and green respectively. They did that to screw people who had something important to print. C'mon people, basic customer service. Don't make me dread having to use your store. But who's their competition? You'll take what Kinko's gives you.
People are jerks.
- 7/11/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home